The Montauk Surfcasters Association is a non-profit
• Preserves and protects the privilege to fish on Long Island.
• Represents MSA on the Fishing Advisory Board, an ad hoc
committee which advises New York State on matters affecting
surf fishermen such as permit regulations, beach access, fees,
habitat & use of State Parks.
• Represents fishermen on matters affecting the use of Suffolk
• Lobbies elected officials on regulations affecting the fishery,
habitat protection and other environmental matters.
• Monitors State and local candidates for office and informs
membership on issues affecting fishermen.
Annual activities of the M.S.A include:
• Spring and fall clean-up of the beaches surrounding Montauk
Point; participation in National Beach Clean-up Day; spring
clean-up at Cedar Beach.
• Annual poster contest in Montauk as part of Oktoberfest.
• Annual picnic at Suffolk County Park - Third House.
• Participation in fishing seminars.
• Annual membership dues are $15.00 for adults 18 years
and older; $20.00 for family.
• Members in good standing receive a quarterly newsletter.
• Six meetings per year: Four meetings held on the first Saturday
in May, June, October and November in Montauk; two meetings
held in Islip on the first Saturday of January and March.
BOARD OF DIRECTORS:
Vice President: Mike Lang
Treasure: Paul Valenti
Communications Director: Jay Blatt
Recording Secretary: [Open]
Membership: Maryann Young
Vice President Emeritus (deceasesd): Ken Dobos
Website Maintenance: ShadoeFX
Web & Graphic Design
Original Website Design: Peresh Dave